OUR GDPR PRINCIPLES
Data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
Data is obtained for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
Data processed is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
Data is accurate and kept up to date, where applicable
Data is not kept for longer than necessary
Data is processed to ensure appropriate security of personal data
INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE (ICO)
The ICO is the UK’s independent authority that promotes openness of public information and protection of private information. You have the right to contact them should you wish.
Details can be found on their website: https://ico.org.uk/
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
YOUR RIGHTS - ACCESS TO & ACCURACY OF YOUR DATA
If you are a European resident you have rights relating to how we use and hold your personal information. This includes: - The right to access the personal information that we hold about you. - The right to change or rectify the personal information that we hold about you. - The right to stop email marketing. We will always try to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and relevant. However, you may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate at any time. If you want to exercise your rights, or change the information that we hold about you, please contact us at: Info@erfmann-vintage.co.uk, or write to us at the address provided at the bottom of this policy/page.
Please note that it may take up to 3 weeks to process and update your data request/change/removal.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
CONSENT TO EMAIL MARKETING
You will only receive marketing emails from erfmann Vintage if you have ‘signed up’ or ‘opted in’ to receive them. These include e-newsletters, stock updates, promotions or news that we send out from time to time. Every email that you receive from us will include the option to unsubscribe (at the bottom of each email). You can also unsubscribe from these emails at any time by e-mailing us at: Info@erfmann-vintage.co.uk, or writing to our Data Protection Officer using the address provided above. Please bare in mind that we:
- We don’t and won’t ever sell your email address to ANY third parties.
- Your email address will only be used by erfmann vintage for the purposes outlined above (unless we are required by law to provide it).
Our email subscription lists are managed by MailChimp - a global organisation with the highest standards of information and data security. MailChimp is a data processor in the USA. It gathers statistics on email opening, location and clicks using their technologies. MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the Privacy Shield framework. They treat all personal data received from EU member countries under the Privacy Shield framework.
Please note: it may take up to three weeks to remove your email from marketing communications as they may be scheduled in advance.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect to:
- Generally fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations);
- Communicate with you about your order where required;
- To help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address);
- If you have chosen to ‘Opt in’ to receiving marketing emails (when placing an order) or ‘Signed Up’ to e-newsletters, stock updates, promotions or news, then we may email you from time to time to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- And more generally we use Device Information to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only share your Personal Information with selected trusted third parties - these are organisations who assist us in processing your order effectively, enable us to analyse website traffic and/or email marketing data, and help us to communicate products/services/marketing information effectively. These include:
- Shopify - we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Postal/courier services - we use a selection of tried and trusted postal and courier services who require your Personal Information to process/deliver and update you on the progress of your order.
- Google Analytics - we use this to help us understand how our customers use the Site, and to improve it -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Mail Chimp - our email subscription lists are managed by MailChimp - a global organisation with the highest standards of information and data security.
- Stripe/Paypal - to process your payments efficiently and securely online.
- Facebook/Instagram - to provide targeted advertisements or marketing communications.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
ONLINE ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
To make online ordering fast and effective you may choose to register an online account on our Site. Any details that you provide when opening your account will be stored securely and available for future use. You may access your online account at any time to change/update your Personal Information and preferences, or close your account. Please note: if accessing your online account from a public device, then we recommend that you Log Out when you have finished your transaction to keep your account secure.
If you click on any links on this Site they may direct you to another external website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and encourage you to read their privacy policies as they may differ from ours.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Data Protection Officer
20 Crestland Business Park
Bull Lane ind est
We take pride in ensuring that the website is up-to-date and accurate, but we are only human, and it is possible that some errors may occur from time-to-time. We will make every effort to rectify any errors as soon as possible, but cannot be held responsible.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
The copyright and intellectual propery rights of all materials contained within this website (including photography) are owned by erfmann vintage and the use of extracts or photography from this website for any purpose is prohibited.